With the help of logic, memes, and my fellow lady bloggers, I came to the realisation that every aspect of blogging can give you (I guess almost…) all the perks of having a boyfriend, without having to endure the awkwardness of finding one, or then having to maintain him…
Unless you’re a very lucky person, you’ve probably sat on your bed with your hands over your face, wondering if this onion-man is worth all your tears and stress.
Side note – onion man, someone who constantly makes you cry. Derives from the classic meme:
I can tell you all the great things about having a boyfriend in your life. Sure, they give you sugar, spice and everything nice (someone’s gotta maintain all of us power puff girls out here.) But… Are they really any better than having a blog?
Here are 10 reasons why having a blog is better than having a boyfriend
- Your audience will actually listen to you. You know what I’m talking about.
- You will actually get some sound advice… The kind that only we can give each other. None of this “you’re over exaggerating,” and “it’s not that big of a deal.”
- You can go extra girl power on yourself – and your audience! No, this doesn’t mean hating men, but what’s better than having a girl gang to support you instead?!
- You still have inside jokes, and even better: with yourself! Because no one can make you laugh like you can…
- You will be appreciated,
- & complimented… To no end!
- You will always have someone to share everything with. Yep, all those memes, doggy videos, pictures of your pets. All of it.
- Other bloggers will want to see you succeed. So show off all your successes!
- It will keep you hustling! Hustle, hustle, princess.
- It will keep you sane. Let it all out, girl.
I mean, having a boyfriend is not the end of the world. I would suggest against it. But if you do really feel like it’s the right choice for you, don’t go for the onion-man!